Nearly a year ago I was out garage-sale-ing when I drove by a house with a lonely solid wood door leaning against the side of the house. After some seriously inspiring blog posts featuring the uses of an old door I couldn't keep it off my mind. I let an entire week go by frequently driving by to see if it was still there. Finally I got up the gumption and knocked on the door just to see if someone was home. A man answered the door clearly not expecting any visitors by his clothing (but really, that's me most days too - so don't come over expecting anything but pajamas). Anyway, I asked about the door and he said that he was planning on chopping it up and putting in the trash that very day. I asked I might save him the trouble by taking it home with me. He tried to help me put it in the Tahoe but quickly determined that it wouldn't fit. So he offered to put it in his truck and follow me home! We did just that :) My original plan was to make a coffee table but it turned out to serve a much different purpose...






A visit to Thatcher while Jared went hunting turned out to be even better when my sister Mindy and her kids took an impromptu trip to AZ. It was pretty frigidly cold and windy but we still managed to play outside, go to the park, watch movies, play games, bake cookies, etc.












I'm trying to grow another garden this year. Last year wasn't too successful so we're hoping that by planting a little earlier that things improve. I just really can't tell if I'm starving the plants of water or if I'm drowning them. Any suggestions on how to know?
4 comments:
Love the headboard Karli! You are so darn creative. :)
We are itching to get some square foot gardens going. But, it is way too early around here to be starting. Besides which our yard isn't overhauled yet and no square foot gardens to plant anything in either. :) Hopefully not too much longer though.
I love the headboard idea! (I've actually wanted to do it for our bed, too - guess, great minds think alike!) ;)
I could NEVER get anything to grow while we lived in AZ - and we've been so transient since moving here that I haven't been able to try yet. Hopefully, soon! We do have place for a garden now. We just need the snowy weather to go away! (Haven't had any snow for about 4 weeks. Thought spring was right around the corner, and what happens? It snows last night!)
That headboard is AMAZING! And...I NEED some of those pictures. So cute!
Your headboard turned out fabulously well! Isn't it wonderful to be close to family?! I'm missing everyone- hopefully we'll get to go to Kourtney's wedding and see the bunch!
Post a Comment