It's hard to believe how fast the time has gone with this pregnancy - at least up until this point. I've officially reached the "I'm so uncomfortable, can I really make it until the end" stage. I didn't reach this point with Garrett until 2 weeks til delivery. My entire pelvic region is so sore! At night it's the worst - trying to get sleep is near impossible sometimes. They tell you to sleep on your side, but that just makes my pains worse. I've tried sleeping with a pillow between my legs, but it doesn't help and it actually wakes me up more. The only position that I can find some minimal comfort is laying on my stomach (which is amazing for being 8+ months preg... it's all because of our fabulous bed) - but I feel like I'm squishing the baby if I try to sleep like that. So, I'm starting the countdown. Now my days remaining are in the 20's - that is if this little one comes on his due date. 29 more days!
I went to Banner Gateway to get a tour of the maternity ward... all I can say is it's AMAZING! Since it's so new, there's no nausiating "hospital smell." It actually smells quite refreshing in there! The rooms are nice and spacious and there's a sleeper couch in the post-partum rooms! All of the nurses were super friendly and excited to see us too. That makes a huge difference. Anyway, I'm getting more and more excited. It's so crazy to me that I went through this just a year ago - I can remember most details so well. So last night I dreamt of labor experiences and the overwhelming joy that floods into your heart when they lay your precious newborn baby on your chest for the first time. That's my favorite part. I can hardly wait! That's when you remember that it's so worth it and it's a shame we ever complain about the aches of being pregnant. I should be more grateful. I'm so excited to have another little baby. I can't wait to see what he looks like and what his personality will be. Looking back, so much of Garrett's personality showed through when he was brand new. He was so awake and alert and inquisitive of the world around him.
3 comments:
We are excited for you Karli! Looking forward to meeting the little guy at Christmas. :)
Oohhh! You went and saw the hospital? I have heard it is FABULOUS! Did they have you pre-register? You know what? I am going to call you. I want to hear all about it. Also, I cannot imagine what kind of crazy bed you must have to allow you to sleep on your stomach, but I need to come sleep at your house :) That is one of the things I am looking forward to the most! I'm with you...a pillow between my legs just makes my hips ache and I don't sleep as well. Not that I sleep well anyways.... Okay, we'll commiserate together :) Love you!
i'm sorry you are in so much pain. so the one and only way i was comfortable sleeping (my 1st pregnancy) was on my back so my doc said that was okay so long as a put a pillow under my butt to give it a little bit of that side sleeping. i don't know if you have tried that or not but, who knows may work. I've totally learned everyone is SO different during pregnancy, it's amazing to me.
Post a Comment