Monday, October 1, 2007

Crafts

I've been wanting to have a nice floral arrangement to go in our bedroom on our dresser. I thought it would be fun to make one, but was afraid it would turn out hideously since I haven't the slightest clue as to how to do it. I kept my eyes open for ideas and any steals (since buying one would be considerably easier). But I was completely unaware as to how expensive arrangements could be. If I liked an arrangement it was usually at least $150. Yikes! So I bought some flowers at JoAnns and Michaels when they were 50% off. Then at my favorite home decor store I found the best tin flower planter box for only $5! So, I took a leap of faith and tried to make an arrangement all by myself. It was SO MUCH FUN! I'm pretty sure I've found my #1 hobby -- doing crafty things makes me happy! Here are the results. I'm pretty pleased considering it was my first attempt. I think this just might be too cute to keep in the bedroom... maybe it'll stay on the kitchen table. Total cost = $35. Not too shabby!

5 comments:

Tressa said...

So pretty Karli! Love it. :) You did an awesome job.

Enjoy the Journey said...

What were you so afraid of... it totatlly looks like you spent $150 bucks on one that a pro made! Good job super talented... You and your dang sisters need to share the wealth of talent!

Letia said...

Karli- You definitely are related to your sisters!! That looks awesome. It's not fair!! I want some of that talent. See, I buy the stuff, try it, it looks horrible and then I resort to buying a made one, when I add that all up, I would be so much better off not even trying but I just can't let go of the chance to save myself some money! I keep reminding myself, I am NOT saving money when I make ugly stuff :) Happy to hear you got a house and would love to see some pics of the inside! love, letia

Becca said...

I love it Karli! Some day I'll have to live close to you so that I can come to sister days and learn how to be crafty!

Kimberly said...

Karli!

You are too cute and so dang crafty! I wish we lived closer.. darn it! How is the pregnancy going?! When you due again? I want to see some belly pictures! By the way... i made my own background which is kind of confusing, but if you go to www.matiekay.blogspot.com, she has some cute backgrounds that you can copy! Let me know if you need help!