Garrett turned 1 year old on Monday! My goodness this year has gone by quickly. He's almost tripled his weight (27 lbs), learned to walk, jibber jabber, give kisses, and entertain himself (sometimes). He loves to read books, eat toys, make noise, and climb in, over, and on everything. One of his favorite spots in the house is the rug in the kitchen. He loves to have friends over - the more, the better. He likes to try and give hugs and kisses to his little buddies, but in doing so regularly invades personal bubbles/comfort zones and knocks them over with his hugeness. It's all in the name of love though. I am so lucky to have such a happy, rough and tumble little boy. He's going to be a great friend and brother to this next little guy. I am blessed to be able to stay home and enjoy all of these and many other great things about Garrett.
I wanted to make him a special birthday cake (you know, more than just a 9x13 cake with frosting) so I did some internet research and found the perfect idea... a pumpkin cake made from 2 bundt cakes! They make it seem so much easier than it really is. I'll just say that I am again eternally grateful for my very talented husband - without him the cake would have turned out miserably... and that's putting it mildly. I baked the cakes and Jared saved my attempt and decorating it and made this masterpiece! It's almost too cute to eat!

We had some friends and family over Sunday night to enjoy watching Garrett open a few gifts and dig into some cake. I think all were thoroughly entertained. My friend Andrea graciously video-taped the experience and now you too can enjoy from your part of the world his birthday celebrations! Thanks to all those who came. (Okay, I've tried to upload the video twice and each time it gives me an error message... check back later and maybe I'll have figured it out)
Doesn't this next one just say it all?


2 comments:
Karli, that cake really is absolutely adorable! Garrett is looking HUGE. We sure are looking forward to coming to see you in less than two months. :)
Hey Karli, this is Sarah Innes Lewis from Thatcher. Glad I found you! Here's my blog: www.malinwarrenlewisfamily.blogspot.com
Take care!
Sarah
Post a Comment