Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Cheer

So last year I fell in LOVE with Holly's Stockings that she made (you know you fell in love at first sight too). I decided I could try and be brave like her so I took 3 trips to JoAnns to pick out material, trim, and lining. After lots of cutting, sewing, and picking out seams we have the final product that is sure to bring Christmas Cheer for many years - especially since I used all the material that I bought which made 8 stockings. Yes, 8. Jared says that'll be enough for some grandkids :). The best part is that each one is different - no two are the same. I LOVE THEM! And it was SO fun to make and ridiculously inexpensive. They would've even been cheaper if I had been patient enough to wait for the RedTag fabrics to go 50% off and the trim to go on sale.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I got brave this year and put the Christmas tree in the family room even though the boys have wreaked havoc on it a bit. I just LOVE seeing it all day with its twinkly lights and LOVE laying on the couch watching it late into the night.

6 comments:

Tressa said...

I should take on that project this next year. I have 4 coordinating stockings and a tree skirt that I quite like. But, we had a snow globe burst at some point between last Christmas and this one and one of the stockings is discolored. Plus, my tree skirt got ruined last season. Plus, I will need 5 stockings for next year. :)
I love your stockings! Gotta get my creative juices going in that direction. :)

Travis and Britni said...

How beautiful. You are so talented. However, I have to admit that you make it really hard to be your friend. I wish I was creative and made beautiful things for really cheap. Anyways, I love them all. Your tree is gorgeous. Don't scroll down my blog and look at my tree. It looks terribly white trash:)

Andrea Gunnell said...

Well you already know that I love your stockings and wish I was as talented as you so I could make them too! I think I might try, but the problem is I wouldn't be happy with them unless they looked as good as yours.
I also Love your tree. It is beautiful!

Rissa said...

I like that you made the ribon run horizontal. So pretty.

echolsfamily said...

How is it that everything you make turns out so beautiful?! I really wish I was that creative. Are you guys staying home or will you be coming down here at all? Merry Christmas!

Marisa and Rob said...

I love your stocking, I will have to look into that for next year. We only have 2 stocking for th e3 of us, pretty funny I know, but I just have not the right stockings yet for us. Now I need to make some. What kind of material did you get at JoAnns? Just wondering. Have a great week :)