We had our own little Christmas the morning of Christmas Eve so that we could travel to Tucson that afternoon. G and B were so fun to watch open gifts and get so excited. Next year will be even more fun since G will probably understand, believe, and anticipate the arrival of Santa Claus. Here is Jared sporting his "turtle fur" beanie and Book of Mormon Reading Companion from the Wadsworths. I was given the CUTEST apron and camera strap I've ever seen and the DVD of the old Pride and Prejudice (which I am ashamed to say that I have never seen - I know... and I call myself a girl! Sheesh!)



Christmas Eve we read the Nativity, watched Christmas Hallmark movies, but the highlight was getting to talk to Jared's brother, Kirk who is serving a mission in Canada. It was fun to hear his laugh and read our Christmas letters from him. Every year we each get a personal letter from Kirk and it is one of the gifts that I look forward to the most. Christmas morning was full of more excitement as more gifts were shared. I wish I had a picture of me opening my gifts from Jared - I'm sure my reaction was priceless. It started with an amazingly comfortable (and stylish) UGG slippers with real soles that I can actually wear around town. I'm sure I've worn them everyday. Then Jared simply handed me an envelope which I assumed had a love note in it (I've been asking for one for every occasion for a year or two). I opted to read it on my own later... until he said there was something else in there too. So I opened it and what do you think it was? Tickets to Broadway's LION KING at ASU Gammage auditorium! AHHH!!! I was ecstatic! We get to go the end of January and I can hardly wait!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!
2 comments:
Wait, wait, wait...you can't say that you got the cutest apron EVER and then not show a picture...c'mon. Where's the love? I'm gonna chant - picture, picture, picture, picture...
I love Jared in his thug hat holding the BofM reference guide. Going out to "bash" somebody tonight!
Post a Comment