Saturday, March 28, 2009

Golden...

This last Wednesday was a special day for me - a day I've been looking forward to and yet in a small way dreading it. After all, it's no fun to feel like you're getting older and older. March 25th was my Golden Birthday. Yep, I'm 25. A quarter of a century. Whoa.

It was a pretty low-key day, but it was made special by random calls and birthday wishes throughout the day. Jared made me German Pancakes for breakfast - a favorite of mine. YUM! The kids were unusually cooperative that day probably because we spent a large majority of our time outside. We arranged for a babysitter that evening so Jared and I could spend some one-on-one time together. Texas Roadhouse was our dinner choice which worked out nicely since we had a gift card that covered our entire meal. It was nice to have some R&R with my hubby. Thank you!

So, I guess it's another year older and hopefully wiser too :)

3 comments:

Rissa said...

Happy late birthday. For some reason you are stuck at 20 in my mind and you probably always will be.

Erin said...

Happy Late Birthday!

AZ Karen said...

I'm glad it was a good one.