While Jared went fishing this last weekend, the boys and I headed to Thatcher to visit my parents. I don't think it would be an exaggeration to say that it was just perfect! I had a few goals in mind when going to Thatcher and I'm happy to report that I checked off all of them.
1. My kids got to have lots of quality "grandparent time" and I enjoyed some "Mom and Dad time." The weather was just as nice so we spent much of our time outside - we played at the park, played racquetball at the college, and enjoyed my parents big backyard.
2. I got to overhaul the pantry which was in great need of some organization and breathing room - now there's actually a 3 foot aisle. It's refreshing to walk in there now instead of an instant panic attack. I think my husband is wearing off on me (in good ways) - I'm appreciating more and more the peace that comes from having a "house of order."
3. I also got to help my Dad paint some shelves and other tin/aluminum home decor wall hangings. My sisters and I (and probably you too) have all fallen in love with these tin shelves (check out Holly's) but they can be a little pricey - so my Dad decided to start a business of them himself which means great prices for us :). We're working on getting a blog up and running to where you too can be the happy owner of such a beauty!
I even got surprised with some unexpected bonuses to my trip - seeing old HS friends, going to a Stake Relief Society Enrichment activity with my Mom, making dinner for the missionaries, and enjoying some wholesome movies (LOVED "Because of Winn-Dixie"... I cried).
3 comments:
Sounds like a great get-away. It is nice to have a change of scenery sometimes. It sounds like a lot of fun!
How fun!! I'm jealous of all that you got accomplished!! You'll have to let me know when you get the blog up.. i LOVE the shelves Holly has on her blog and i want one! (or 2 or 3!!) Lets do dinner again sometime?! It's our turn to have you guys over!
Okay, so heres hoping you are still serving in choir. I was talking to my mom about callings and advice and she gave me these to share with you. I know you asked me months ago about this, but I didn't forget.
1.Give candy or treats out at the end of choir practice.
2.Invite kids as young as primary age to choir. (Maybe old enough to sing/read...) This way they can learn young what a special spirit there is at choir. They will also probably want to come because of the yummy treats at the end, or to hang out with the older adults. And for a final benefit they are two young to drive, so they'll invite their parents for you. And since choir is only an hour they might as well participate.
Hopefully you are finding sucess in your calling. -Amber
ps. While reading over this comment it reminded me alot of the story If you give a mouse a pancake..(o: hehe
Post a Comment