Thursday, July 23, 2009

There's a first for everything...

This morning I woke up intentionally at 4:45. That wasn't a first for me, but what I did after that definitely was. I went running, if you could call it that. But for the first time in my life I, of my own free will and choice, decided to go for a run... or jog... sometimes just a brisk walk... and when I thought I would just pass out, throw up and die, I walked slowly.

I need to find a way to exercise but even when I have tried to go for a walk with the boys at 7:15 in the morning it's already 95 degrees and poor Garrett and Brexton miserably sweat away in the stroller while I get my exercise. So, I tried it... all by myself at 4:45 in the morning. It's still hot, but it was nice to do it in the quiet morning hours, get home, get showered and dressed all by 6:00. I went for 3 miles, but only ran for half of that. We'll see if I can convince myself to do it again sometime since consistency is really the key.

6 comments:

Amber said...

Whew way to go Karli!!(o:

Corri said...

Wow you are a go getter...the last time I saw 4:45 AM was a LONG time ago and definitely not by choice. Always an example to me, Karli!

Oh and on another note...I know I just told you I was gonna quit looking for a dresser but I started looking again after you sent me the link and I found and bought one. It's oak and needs painting but in pretty good condition. And I got it for only $40! I'm so excited to have the project to work on! Wanna come help? :D My sister's coming for a visit soon and she might help me. Fun fun!

Andrea Gunnell said...

Go Karli!!!

Theresa said...

You're my hero once again! Running is not for me, but I rode my bike 18 miles last weekend.

Julee said...

WOW!! Good job!!! Sometimes I THINK about trying something like that...but then it never happens!! lol GOOD JOB!!!!

Mindy said...

Yes. Consistency is what gets me every time. Can't one week of running just do the trick? I am quite certain that I would not be consistent at anything that required me to get out of bed at 4:45. That is craziness! Seriously. Way to go!