Thursday, October 4, 2007

Garrett's growing up...

Okay, so Garrett is growing up so fast. He's already 11 months old and I'm just 5 weeks away from my due date. I think it's starting to really set in that my one-on-one time with Garrett is slipping away. In ways it actually makes me kind of sad. Have I made the most of our time together? Have I read him enough stories? Cuddled enough? Sang enough songs? Played enough? I know I'll still get to do these things, but my time and energies will be split. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for our next little boy, but it makes me wonder if I'll miss these days and regret not having done more.

Garrett is learning to walk. He started showing signs of interest a few weeks ago, but he is doing it more and more. I'd have to say that his primary mode of transportation is still crawling, but his walking episodes are lasting upwards of 15 feet sometimes. Go Garrett!

This picture is from mid August so he's only 9 months here, but I had to share. He's just too cute and I love this new Sunday outfit (although it's already getting a little snug because it's only 12 months).

5 comments:

Tressa said...

What a cute patootie!

Andrea Gunnell said...

That is such a cute picture of Garrett Karli! You need to take more!!! I can't believe you are only 5 weeks away from having number two. I am so excited to meet him and to see what he looks like. It is so exciting.

Cami D. said...

He's so cute!

Mindy said...

I am so excited for your #2 baby boy...especially cause that means my little guy won't be far behind :) Six weeks from today for me...wahoo! I think you will be surprised how things turn out. Maybe initially you will feel sad about not having as much time for Garrett since the beginning weeks are when your newborn is so demanding and Garrett will be adjusting. But, after a a little while, it won't seem like he is getting less attention from you. He will just have one more person to love and adore! So, remember that during the first few weeks when you are feeling tired, emotional and in pain...it gets WAY better and he will be so happy to have a best friend buddy for the rest of his life!

Enjoy the Journey said...

Karli... I totally feel the same way about Broc and he is pushing 2.5! How am I going to divide my attention and show him that he is still my little guy? I love Mindy's advice though. I sure hope that these two boys become best friends... they aren't as close as your two little guys will be so I wonder.