Monday, October 1, 2007

I HATE SCORPIONS!

Okay, so I was hoping it was a fluke, but on Saturday I found a scorpion in Garrett's room. I had washed his crib sheet and was trying desperately to put it back on without taking off the bumper. I was barefooted (no surprise to anyone who knows me) and happened to look down at the right time. There it was a golden colored, creepy 2 inch scorpion only one or two feet away. I quickly left the room to get close-toed shoes and a heavy glass bowl so I could capture it. There was no way I was going to try killing this thing. (Jared was on a fishing trip but returned that night. He was not happy with his welcoming guest). Ugh - it still makes me shudder. Since then I am super paranoid, my eyes constantly raking the ground for any intruders. It's crazy how the presence of one little nasty creature completely ruins your sense of safety and well-being. Anyway, I was hoping it was over, but not 5 minutes ago I found another one... and I was barefoot again. This little guy was only 3/4 of an inch long. Aren't little ones more dangerous? This one was on the wood flooring in the addition of the house - and I killed it. Now I'm wearing close-toed shoes. I'm just terrified that Garrett will be the one to find a scorpion since he truly does scour the floor for bite-sized anythings. Aahhh! I'm calling exterminators right now!

2 comments:

Cami D. said...

Yes call the exterminators!! I got stung by the nasty little creatures when I lived in Thatcher...TWICE! The boys from there knew just what to do. Keep some meat tenderizer in your kitchen and make a paste with water and put it on if you get stung (I'll hope you don't ever know what it's like) and it pulls the venom or whatever they have out - it hurts don't get me wrong but it's nice to know little tricks!! GOOD LUCK GIRLIE!

MyR said...

AHHHH! I LOVE EXTERMINATORS!!!