Monday, October 1, 2007

Surviving without a husband

Jared has been out of town it seems constantly lately. He was gone for 6 days on a business trip back east and returned late on a Friday night. He then left again the following Monday for an overnight fishing trip with his Dad. And then he went on yet another overnight fishing trip on Fri/Sat. I'm glad that Jared has hobbies and interests that he enjoys and I'm glad that he has friends and family that share those interests. But, six days is a long time for me to potentially go insane... so I took the opportunity to go and visit my parents in Thatcher. It had been 4-5 months since I'd been there. It was nice to spend time with them and be out in the "country" where it's not so hot. We finished a jean quilt I'd been working on - thanks Mom and Dad for your help. And we went and fed the ducks some 3 month old stale popcorn. Yum! We tried to get Garrett to feed the ducks, but he was more interested in feeding himself even if it was stale.

2 comments:

Tressa said...

I'm jealous! The kids are so looking forward to Mom and Dad coming to visit this week. But, they are really excited to go to Mom and Dad's for Christmas. True, we won't be able to have a white Christmas, but they will be able to play outside at least. That is a good trade. :) I want a few more warm days. Snow on Saturday was too cold too soon!

Mindy said...

I remember Addy being stingy with the stale popcorn when she was little too. Funny kids! She seriously got distraught when Kennady started throwing handfuls of "her" popcorn to the ducks. Ha ha!