SWEET PULLED PORK:
5-7 lb pork loin or pork sirloin roast
3 - 8 oz cans tomato sauce
2 - 8 oz cans of El Pato sauce (I did the jalepeno)
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup water
Mix together and pour over meat. Cook in the crock pot on low for 8 - 10 hours. Shread the meat.
(NOTE: I have a 6 qt crock pot and only had room for maybe 4 lbs of roast, and I only did 2 cans of tomato sauce, a little less than 2 cups of brown sugar and probably 2 cups of water because my crock pot lets water evaporate right out of it (along with the 2 cans of El Pato). With all of these adjustments it still turned out GREAT. So, this is a fool-proof recipe!)
On tortilla put rice, beans (pinto/black), pulled pork, cheese, lettuce, dressing, and crunched tortilla chips for some added crispiness. YUM! There you go. Happy crocking!
CILANTRO RICE:
4 cups white rice
1 cube of butter
1 cup chopped celery
1 medium diced onion
1 bunch cilantro chopped
zest and juice of 2 limes
4 cups chicken broth
1 tsp salt
Melt butter and add all of the remaining ingredients. Cook according to the rice package. If using a rice cooker, use 1 cup rice to 1.5 cup liquid.
And if you're really ambitious you can make the green tasty dressing (I just bought it from Costco... the name had "Cilantro" in it, it was very green, and only cost $2.50)
SPICY RANCH DRESSING:
3 fresh tomatillos
1/2 juice of lime
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup sour cream
1 pkg dry buttermilk Ranch mix
1 cup chopped cilantro
5 green onions chopped
2 cloves minced garlic
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 tsp sugar
Blend in the blender until smooth
ATTENTION!
By the way, I just saw that Frys has their Boneless Pork Sirloin on sale for $1.69/lb instead of $4.99/lb. That means you save $3.30/lb!!!! This meal is great for big gatherings because it's super easy and way cheap if you buy the meat now. Now that I think about it you can feed about 40-50 people for like $15.
5 comments:
Thanks Karli! I'll have to make this one of these days. I'll bet the pulled pork would freeze well. :)
Make sure you all take note that Frys has their boneless pork sirloin for $1.69/lb regularly $4.99/lb. Buy it now and freeze it until you want to use it. I froze the leftover pulled pork, but haven't used it yet. I agree with Tressa though, I bet it will be just as good after being frozen!
Hi Karli, sorry to blog stalk but Teri told me that you had this recipe on your blog, so I had to try it. I tried both the pork (bought on sale at frys) and the rice. So yummy!! our blog is www.olsongathering.blogspot.com
Karli-
So I made all of this (pork, rice, and the dressing) on Sunday when we had a bunch of family coming in town. It was a total and complete hit. By the next evening everyone voted to have leftovers rather than me making spaghetti. Yummo!
Here I am forever later searching out this recipe to send to a friend. I've been using it since I got it from you and we LOVE IT!!! I make extras and freeze half of it so it's that much easier the next time. We need to make a family recipe swap blog so we can all enjoy these treasures when we find them! :D THANK YOU!!!
Post a Comment